14 June 2006

Yogyakarta.

At the end of last May, I went to Yogyakarta. The earthquake happened at the time I'm on the 7am flight to Solo. After arrival, I have to wait nearly 3 hours for the bus from Yogyakarta to come. At Yogya, the hotel I was about to stay has lots of cracks on the wall and it's everywhere. So I stayed on a house like hotel located at the heart of the city. The first day wasn't like a holiday at all. Everybody is worried because the evening news that night estimated that there would be a much stronger earthquake coming. But I stayed. Nothing happened. The next morning I went to Borobudur Temple for sight-seeing. It's great. The carvings that tell the story about Buddha is still clear after 1300 years. The next day I spent the whole time shopping and eating. There are many quality goods at a very cheap price. What dissatisfied me is I didn't have enough time to shop. Anyway, next stop is Bandung! Hehe. Indonesia is a country to shop :p



_ or flickr here for easy viewing.

No comments: